Sunday, July 7, 2013

Chapter 7: Close Relationships

Having relationships is part of life, whether it is just friends or a more closer relationship. As a HSP in a non-HSP world, it is hard not to have to have contact with non-HSP. But what is better for a closer relationship?
 
I never knew any of this until the last year so all my relationships were without the thought about my HSP. I think this has made things harder. I did not understand that I had pushed myself so hard to be like a non-HSP. This does not work out at all. You need to know yourself, you know that saying, love yourself before loving others. I was never good at that. 

I know see that you need to know and love yourself as an HSP so that you know what your limits are and how you can blend in with others whether they are HSP's or non. My children are also HSP and living with them most of the time is great, they do not want the loud world in our home. They are calmer most of the time. There are the meltdowns, when one gets overwhelmed then it can spread to the rest and the whole house is upset.

The big thing is to look at temperaments of each. If one is more out going or needs more thrills in their life, they might not work well with someone who is calmer. But if there is love, sometimes things can work out. There are always a group who go out and do things that are common and come home to their loving partner for some quiet time. It is a matter of balance and understanding each other. 

Sometimes though, it just not works out. You need to look at whether this is due to the past relationships on yours or their side of things. If you feel that past relationships are hindering you relationship now, maybe there is a little reframing to do. We have been doing reframing for a bit now so you might want to give it a try on your own. 
I plan to put mine up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment