Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Telling the Story

When you have deep wounds it is best to write the story, not blaming anyone but just write what had happened. You need to stop feeling the hurt that is keeping you from moving on. People might not want to hear what you have to say. They may think that you are going on and on about it, but by talking about it or writing about it helps heal the pain. You are not a hero by keeping it all in. I should know, I have been keeping things in all my life. But then I started writing, it might have been fiction, but the pain that was in the stories are very real. By writing that gave me the courage to talk about it.
I now talk about it, but it has slowed down because my life now is a lot less painful. Because I have looked at the different traumas and wrote about it in my words I was able to move on. I am now with someone who does not have the bad traits I had found myself being with in the past. I have learned from looking at what had happened and working with this workbook. Letting go is not easy, but it is important to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment