Monday, July 1, 2013

Chapter 5: In the Social World

I am part of the 70% introvert HSP. I really never thought about it that much, I just lived my life. But looking back I see that I was more in than out. I had no trouble staying in and reading or learning something on my own. But I didn't keep myself from going out when I was asked to go out or if I needed to go out. I had used my 'bubble' and just did what needed or wanted to get done and socialized with the people I was with. 

OK, I didn't realize that I had been seen as 'unfriendly' because I just going on doing what I was, protecting myself from being overwhelmed. I do not see myself as being withdrawn from the world, just not being a big part of the world outside my home. There is more then enough to do inside to try to run around outside getting that stuff done to.

Maybe some of the things from my past has something to so with my "shyness" such as what I had written yesterday. I am told not to worry about what others think about me, and as you know, being HSP, it is hard not to feel what people think about you so it is just as easy not to be around people so that I do not have to feel that. Sometimes it is hard to avoid having to talk to people that give off the feeling that they just do not like you. I try to avoid talking to them as much as possible.

So what do you do to get yourself out of being shy.

Well, first of all, stop labeling yourself or let anyone else label you as shy. Remember that we need to protect ourselves from being overwhelmed when we are 'out' in the world. And for me, the big one is that you need to stop expecting yourself in being like a non-HSP who is an extrovert. Love and Accept who and what you are. That is what I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment