Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Medical care and Medication

Elaine's workbook said that "less than 10 percent of medical doctors are HSP and at least 45 percent of office visits are made by HSP" page, 213. Most of the trips I made has been because of stress related issues but have been called everything from Bipolar to anxiety. At the time I had no idea that my sensitivity was more part to what I was going through and I have been put on different medications I was not sure I really needed even thought I had these labels.

I found myself overwhelmed with these labels and medications and they did not seam to help. Oh the last one did help clear the head a bit, but just about anything would when you were in tears every day because of the events that were happening on a daily bases. I was not depressed, it was not a chemical thing when someone is saying nasty things every day. They were not me thinking of the past of what was said, they were being said daily.

He wanted me to go on medication in hope that it would control my feelings but it only calmed my mind enough to realize that I needed to leave. No one should even be treated the way I was letting myself being treated.

Now I am fighting to get off the medication I have been on for two years. While I was on it I thought it was helping. I was not as emotional as much but I was still having anxiety. As I was reading about being HSP and realized that the medication was not really doing anything. I was not really going through anxiety. I need to learn the differences of being anxious or being overwhelmed. My moods are doing great for I am not in a bad situation and my life is much more relaxed. I have been the one that was doing all the work.

Now it is about getting off the medication and to make sure that people listen to me. I am HSP, not Bipolar or depressed or anxious. No medication that helps with the chemical imbalance is going to help something that I am born with and is the sensitivity of my nervous system.

So I am continue to learn to stay healthier without the medication I am fighting to get out of my body now. I am using gentler treatments that will help me such as doing mediation every morning. This gives me a calmer start in my morning so I am not just jumping up and starting my day on a run. I have never smoked or done street drugs, though what I have gone through getting off the legal drug has not been fun, I hardly drink and love the mock drinks better. I cooking most of my foods from scratch so my body is not leaded down with crap.

Now it is learning how to talk to the doctor about it so that I never have to be put on the medication any more. I need to learn how to explain that I am healthy and the emotions I show are who I am, not some chemical imbalance. I am fine, I am healthy and for the first time in more years then I can think of I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment